Sunday, November 06, 2005

One of my favorite investments are internet domains. I use them with the iTest as a weapon, claiming domains that we might presumably use someday, but until then they help direct traffic to our site while warding off others who might try to copy what we do. I consider some of these domains some of AHSIMC's most prized assets as a business.

I haven't mentioned BondsCheated.com here in a while, but I hope to get around to renovating and updating the site before the 2006 MLB season. Bonds picked up where he left off in the last month of this past season, and he should be good to break Aaron's record next year...and I would love to see our site get some substantial traffic as a result of the rioting that will ensue!

I bring all of this up to say that I just picked up two new domains that I intend to build websites around sometime before the end of 2006, when I get a moment or several:

VGHOF.com will become the Video Game Hall of Fame. While GameSpot kinda has a Hall of its own, it doesn't really emphasize it at all and the games are nominated basically whenever they feel like putting a new one in there. Other than GameSpot's half-attempt at it, a Hall of Fame doesn't really exist. Ideally, I'd like to get a core group of industry professionals that could vote every year to decide which nominated titles would get in, but a more realistic approach would just be for me to decide...lol. It would certainly be quicker! Either way, its a nice domain and a project I will enjoy putting something together for at some point, as I still maintain that one day I will be a major creative force in putting together a video game.

OLTOMATO.com is the weird one so let me explain. Lori's alarm clock woke me up the other day to two radio guys talking about an ULTIMATUM, but then started calling it an "ol' tomato." I have no idea what in the hell they were talking about with this, but I then thought about the domain and putting together a site of some sort. I can see the tagline being something like "Click Here Or Else" or "[Fill In The Blank] Or Else," which would of course be the ultimatum...or ol' tomato...or something.

I mean, if someone can turn the GOOGLE domain into a gigantic billion-dollar juggernaut, you gotta think that Ol' Tomato has to be worth maybe a million or two. :)

Seriously, though, I need ideas for this site. I probably won't get around to doing anything with it until (at earliest) January '06, but fire me an email at bradley@bradleymetrock.com if something hits you. If its good, I'll cut you in, promise!