Monday, January 16, 2006

OK, its been a while...I'm going to make a more concerted effort to blog more in 2006 as I approach my 100th post! (What a huge event that will be ... lol ...)

Looking back at 2005, it was a fantastic year. Finished business school at Vanderbilt, got married, accepted new job, moved to a bigger condo, began work on a new album (though delayed for the past couple of months in making any further progress), and made big strides in my personal favorite investment, the iTest.

The iTest received its non-profit status earlier this year, coinciding with a gigantic increase in participation across the United States (and even internationally, with us allowing a school from Poland to participate as an experiment). Participation rocketed over 500% as the event moved closer to my goal of the largest high school academic competition in the United States. Griffin Technology signed on as the sponsor of the event, paving the way for significantly increased sponsorship interest from a variety of sources as we enter 2006. This will be the year we become as much of a financial success as we are a popular success...and don't forget about the iTest CS, either, which I am leaning heavily toward restricting participation to only a handful of students as we pilot the event. I've appointed Evan to run the event, which is cool because he'll do a great job.

2005 saw the release of the XBox 360 and the continued mainstream acceptance of video games as an acceptable medium of storytelling and social gathering. The sheer horsepower of the system is something to behold, and I can't wait for Nintendo's Revolution and the PS3 as well. I NEED TO FIND A WAY TO INVEST IN THIS INDUSTRY ASAP.

Last thing here is that 2006 will see the launch of a couple new web ventures for me, particularly the launch of NCAATournament.TV. More on this later but it's going to be cool.

Until next time...