Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Whoa...big news....Bonds cheated!! What a surprise! This upcoming book about Bonds' steroid usage in the late 90's and early 00's ought to be pretty interesting, but as you know, some of us predicted this fall from grace a while back. (cough, cough, BondsCheated.com!)

Anyway, Bonds is an idiot but an idiot who will likely end up with the all-time home run record. Like I've said before, I'm really counting on him winning it because I look forward to watching the firestorm of backlash and outrage that will erupt when it happens.

I'm now blogging from the strange world of Beaufort, South Carolina. I haven't had cable TV or internet for days now (rough, I know) which has cast this strange silence over my apartment when I get home from these long days at work at Tri-Command (tri-command.com). Its given me time to think...and to breathe...in peace. And I've been able to spend more time just reflecting on life over the past few months than I've had in a long time.

I have avoided blogging about the negative aspects of my job situation and will continue to do so, but certainly I have dwelled on it while being down here. The project director here, Peter Ross, is just a magnificent managerial talent and has really re-energized me. His energy is infectious and he just flat-out gets things done. That's my kind of person.

Enough about that lest I wander into a topic that I would rather not discuss.

The fantasy baseball draft is coming up next Monday. That's going to be insane...one of my favorite times of the year. This year, we're drafting for a league that will run for the next 3 years, making this draft even more important. Better start preparing now ... signing off. Catch you guys later.