Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Titans are finally starting Vince Young tomorrow against Dallas, replacing the truly-horrid Kerry Collins at QB. Great move...let the Vince Young era begin!

About a week or two ago, the iTest Board of Directors had a long discussion about whether we should continue to run our student logo-creation contest, our side event where students create logos for the next year's competition from which we select a winner to actually use. I was on the side of continuing to do the contest for the long-term, but am beginning to change my mind.

While the nature of the iTest and the way we implement new features every year - in essence, almost making it an entirely new event every year, to some extent - could call for changing the logo every year, I am beginning to think it may be more powerful and more effective to be able to have a unique visual identifier that stays constant throughout the life of the iTest as an organization.

I got to thinking about this today when I was in Academy Sports and Outdoors with Lori, looking around for some exercise equipment, when I noticed the Nike "swoosh" and got started thinking about what simple symbol the iTest might be able to use like that. I think the "i" in iTest, perhaps with the dot colored like in our current 2006 logo, might be a good fit...

Time to play some Halo. Later.