Thursday, November 02, 2006

I would be completely fine not hearing another word from John Kerry for the rest of my life. What a weak, pathetic man.

As bad as things have gone during Bush's tenure, does anyone really believe things would be better, on the whole, under John Kerry? I definitely don't, even though I've gone on record in this space saying that Bush is right on track to be considered the worst US President in history.

For me, as little attention as I try to pay to politics really boils down to a desire to have strong individuals running our government. Hillary Clinton has a fundamental, repeatedly-demonstrated inability to connect with lower and middle class Americans, but at least she has some backbone, so she might be OK if she softened her image a little bit and showed anything but unbridled ambition for power once in a while. The real candidate with promise within the Democrats is Barack Obama, who is a very impressive speaker who is quick on his feet in speaking and highly culturally literate. The prospect of having an African-American President to me is highly appealing, regardless of party, because I think such an event would provide a lot of positive momentum to effect change. The strongest candidate on the Republican side is our own Bill Frist, who has shown compassion in his office and is himself a strong speaker who talks with conviction.

I won't be voting in next Tuesday's widely-publicized brawl between Harold Ford Jr. and Bob Corker - I've already decided to express my sentiments with complete apathy toward the entire proceeding. Harold Ford Jr. is a member of a family known for corruption, and is tough to take seriously. Bob Corker hasn't done enough to separate himself from the President's failed domestic policies as well as hasn't expressed clearly enough his stance on how to get out of Iraq, but is a self-made entrepreneur who has made a fortune in the business world. (Note to Democrats: that is a huge plus, not a negative. Please note accordingly. The government could use someone who knows how to run a show without swimming in red ink. Thanks.)

And while I suppose the assumption would be that a man that rich would be out of touch, John Kerry comes and reminds us that self-made wealth is not a requirement to not understand basic American culture and have some semblance of respect for other humans different than you, much less our own armed forces.

Whatever. This entire election is a gargantuan waste of time. Until either party demonstrates they have the right goals in mind and the ability to build the bi-partisan consensus required to achieve those goals, I want no part of it. Someone come along and please prove me wrong...the sooner, the better.