Monday, June 09, 2008

Lori and I went to Birmingham briefly this past weekend for a family reunion (on my mom's side of the family). It was in the lovely location of Clanton, Alabama, which probably was 150 degrees that day! (Or maybe it just seemed like it.)

Overall, a good time. As my mom points out, my grandmother would be happy that we continue to go and uphold the tradition. That's important to me.

Literally 5-10 minutes away is the old Metrock Steel and Wire facility, which I've vowed to see sometime in the next year. There are people on Facebook and Linkedin who work there. I am actually blown away that the Metrock name still remains on what is just essentially a commodity manufacturing plant - clearly, the name means something or else it'd be gone.

I look forward to taking a trip to the plant, touring the place, and seeing how far its come since the last time I was there nearly 20 years ago. That may call for posting some pictures on this blog when that happens. Between two weddings on 6/19 and 7/19 and myriad other responsibilities this summer I hope I get there before August.