Tuesday, March 02, 2010

I don't have a lot of time to update this blog, but I of course am leaving it up because it has meant a lot to me over the years to be able to document my life here in this space.

The Score, as a business, is doing very well as we enter our second year of operations. We're very blessed to be where we are - poised for a tremendous year of growth and opportunity.

I've bounced back well from my melanoma surgery last year, and have been feeling great. While it seems like a distant memory, the various doctor visits remind me that it's not.

The blog, along with my Facebook page, help me stay connected with friends across the world. I appreciate the emails and correspondence with friends over the past couple of years as I've transitioned into this entrepreneurial role where I have found my calling.

I got on here to say one specific thing, though:

It was brought to my attention that when you search for "Actus Lend Lease" (my former employer) and "mismanagement," this blog is the number one search result. As unfortunate of a representation as that may be, I absolutely will not change anything I've written previously about the subject - in fact, I look forward to elaborating on my thoughts on the company at some point in time.

But please don't construe this to mean I'm interested in talking to you - people out there I've never met, who work for PPP interests and/or competitors - about the company or any particular member of its management.

I once slept in a makeshift pile of sheets on the dirty floor of a vacant Actus house for a week so I could learn what it was like to live in one of these military houses. This is, after all, a company I strongly cared about at one point in time. The company still does great things for our military families, and still today has employees there who I care about.

That said, they are struggling to find an identity post-MHPI and are doing just fine not winning new business or developing successful new strategy without my help.

So get lost. Do not contact me for any reason about Actus Lend Lease. I'm running my own startup now - I don't need these types of distractions. Go bother someone else.