Monday, January 29, 2007

Relaxing in a hotel room in downtown Phoenix...never been to this city before, but I was a huge fan from the moment I walked off the airplane. 70 degree weather in January is like the gift that keeps on giving...

Memo to MSNBC.com editors: I am not interested in Barbaro.
Another related memo to MSNBC.com editors: I will NEVER be interested in reading about Barbaro.
Another somewhat-related memo to MSNBC.com editors: There are more important news stories to report on than having a column about Barbaro's "legacy" headline your front page for the entire day. We have soldiers dying in Iraq, a red-hot political scene unfolding in Washington, and another awesome 24 episode to report about.

This is a horse. I don't want to see articles opining about the prospects of cloning Barbaro (also to be found on MSNBC.com right now) or anything else pertaining to ANY ANIMAL OF ANY TYPE LEAVING A "LEGACY" ... unbelievable.

To the reporter who actually wrote the column about Barbaro's "legacy," you just wasted hours you could've been reporting on the "legacy" of a soldier that got killed in Iraq today. Or the "legacy" of Hillary Rodham Clinton's failed campaign (oh wait, I'm a couple of years too early here) or the "legacy" of our current President ... or the "legacy" of Jessica Simpson's DirectTV commercials ("I don't know what that is, BUT I WANT IT) ... or not ...

MSNBC, you're generally pretty good about not including garbage on your front page, but not today. Maybe I should publish my own news page and write about the "legacy" of my sandwich for lunch, the "legacy" of my meeting with Qwest tomorrow morning, the "legacy" of my fairly tasty snack on Southwest airlines, the "legacy" of me ironing my shirt in preparation for tomorrow, the "legacy" of this soft bed I'm about to go to sleep on, and the "legacy" of a blog post gone horribly wrong.