Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome to the year 2007.

Random thoughts and comments, since I don't have time to sit and write for long:

1) Titans had an excellent 2006 campaign and are the addition of a quality cornerback and defensive end away from a deep playoff run.
2) Boise State's victory over Oklahoma was unreal.
2a) Every year that Division 1-A college football fails to install a playoff system involving at least 8 teams, I will care less and less about it. This year, I haven't even watched more than one half of any game, and I don't see that changing except perhaps for the title game.
3) The Wii is a monstrous homer by Nintendo in its current battle with Sony and Microsoft, and should see some really creative software in the second wave of titles beginning this spring/summer.
4) Go see We Are Marshall.
5) Season 6 of "24" begins on January 14. I am definitely ready.
6) This may be the season I start watching The Apprentice again. YOU'RE FIRED
7) The holidays were great getting to visit family on both sides and having some time to relax as well.
8) Lori and I are contemplating buying a house here in Nashville before this time next year. That will be weird, but is an obvious next step.
9) "Continuum" by John Mayer was the best album released in 2006. Do yourself a favor and go buy it or download it.
10) 2007 predictions: the Chargers win the Super Bowl, the Mets win the World Series, and the economy will hit a snag later this year as the markets top out and the pockets of inflated housing prices collapse around the country.
11) Time to go, I'm tired.