Friday, June 22, 2007

I had two old computers from my parents' house in Birmingham taken to a computer shop, had the hard drives ripped out of them, and gave the guys at the shop the rest of the parts in exchange for throwing that data onto a backup drive I've got.

When I returned home one night this past week, I sifted through the sizable amount of stuff that came off of those drives. Old pictures, documents, mp3s ... all sorts of stuff. Glad I went to the trouble of doing that - if you've got old computers, don't just throw them away!

I'm sitting here right now listening to some of the old songs I had on one of the computers, that I've completely forgotten about. For example, "I Am A Man of Constant Sorrow" from the Soggy Bottom Boys soundtrack, "Missing" by Everything But The Girl (memorable, haunting song), "From Your Mouth" by God Lives Underwater (one of the better beginnings of a song), and "Orange Crush" by REM (how did I forget about this one??)

Lots of old pictures from family reunions, random events of the past ten years ... all sorts of actually pretty unexpected stuff. Definitely sent me back.

I would continue this post (albeit shifting gears a little bit) in describing the ignorance of people recently wanting to call a "video game addiction" a medical disorder, but I want to go to bed in a good mood. Later.