Thursday, September 13, 2007

The iTest is, once again, off and running. It's amazing how streamlined this thing is becoming, even though this is just our 4th year of operations. More on the competition after it concludes at 7 PM Central on Sunday.

I really logged on just to post two different videos I found while surfing YouTube. I guess it was a retrospective mood that got me thinking back to college, creating an organization then, and running it. One of the best things about running VMS was getting to bring in bands. One of my favorite artists we brought in was Angie Aparo, a prodigy-level musician from Atlanta, Georgia (who, at the time, was touring under his name and had the single "Spaceship" at alternative radio).

This guy is one of the most phenomenal live performers I've still ever seen. YouTube, being the awesome site that it is, somehow has a number of live performances from Angie Aparo. I've selected two of them that are "must see TV":

1) His duet with Faith Hill of his song "Cry" (which Faith Hill recorded and released as a big single off of one of her recent discs)

2) His live performance of "Spaceship" (at WorkPlay Theater in Birmingham)

Enjoy. Back after the 2007 iTest concludes.