Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving approaches this week, as Lori and I travel down to Birmingham to visit with family.

This holiday is always a good time to consider how blessed we all are. For me in particular, the past few months have brought a new house, the beginning of a new career for my wife, and a growing ability to serve the world through the iTest organization.

My wife has loved her job from the moment she started. How many people can say that? Her boss treats her great and recognizes her immense talent. Her co-workers respect her and acknowledge her contributions. That's huge.

Our house has definitely been a blessing. We both have been looking forward to having a place to call "our own" for a while now. Our house is big enough to where we can grow here and remain here for years to come, and has space to accommodate our particular needs. We're very lucky.

There will be a number of changes coming before the end of this calendar year with the iTest. While it has not been confirmed, it is highly likely I'll be revealing the bulk of these changes at my upcoming speech at Princeton in mid-December. The opportunity to run a business the way I run the iTest is one of the most enjoyable things I do. While the organization gives tremendously to students all over the country by creating new educational opportunities for them year-round, the organization also gives tremendously to me by giving me a platform to sharpen my business sense and a "playground" to get some experience in corporate strategy. I'm very fortunate for this as well.

And even the Titans are doing what they're supposed to be doing: winning most of their ballgames. We'll see how they fare in their second Monday nighter in a couple days. Beating the Broncos is completely non-negotiable. It would be nice to see Vince Young using the no-huddle to actually throw more than 200 yards in a single game...

There are plenty of things in both my and Lori's life that are challenging on a daily basis - things we cause ourselves and things other people cause that end up hurting us. But Thanksgiving is a time to remember and be grateful for all the positives. And we certainly have a lot of positives to celebrate.

If you're reading this, stay safe over the holiday and if you're in Birmingham, feel free to give me a shout. We'll be there until Sunday morning.

Oh, and one more thing...WAR EAGLE!