Monday, August 11, 2003

Its a wrap...Maintain Radio Silence is complete!

I am extremely pleased with the album. I wasn't sure, entering the project, if an album of 12-15 instrumental songs with piano as the primary instrument would be compelling.

I still don't know if it is (!) but I think most people will really enjoy it.

The Steinway concert piano blended wonderfully with a variety of synth sounds of all different types for some promising new re-interpretations of Jimmy B & the Fortune 500 material, as well as some brand new songs...some of which were simply made up on the spot!

In the next month or two, I will plan a new initiative behind the promotion of Maintain Radio Silence ...approximately 250 copies of the instrumental album will be personally delivered to Nashville-area nursing home residents, with follow-up performances to occur on a month-to-month basis.

This will be a great way to give back to the community, and to show my appreciation for being able to do what I love to do and record new music for release by Mariner Records.

I will also be seeking out a lawyer to license some of the instrumental music to commercial interests...this will be the primary way I hope to regain the investment in the album's production.

Bradley Hartman, the engineer who recorded Maintain Radio Silence from his house in Hillsboro, was wonderful to work with and a great talent with bringing out the best in the audio. I hope to work with him again at some point.

I'll be back and forth from Birmingham in the next day or so, moving stuff from home up here to my new place, then Orientation at Owen starts bright and early Wednesday. See you soon.