Wednesday, August 27, 2003

Life at the Owen School of Management has begun.

Tons of reading, too many assignments, and more than enough work...but its great because everything learned is important and applicable toward the future!

On Monday, the first official day of class, my Leading Teams and Organizations class met and I was assigned to a team to complete a case study on a fictional character named Erik Peterson. The case was due Wednesday, giving us only 2 days to assemble 5 pages of text (plus 2 exhibits) and it was really tough since we had an international student in our group who speaks "just enough" English. Which, of course, wasn't enough, but we made it.

I don't think I've had this much fun doing this much work since math team in high school!


On another note, after running one of my usual Google searches on Jimmy B & the Fortune 500, I found the following profile of a random Furman student, who for some reason felt compelled to include a quote from War Machine among his favorite quotes!

Its cool to find stuff like this that happens as a result of putting a creative work out there...you never get to see how people respond to it, but you know some people do enjoy it and take something away from it.

http://www.w4gs.org/memberpages/af4hk/profile.htm


If you haven't placed your order for both "Everything You Know Is Wrong" - Jimmy B & the Fortune 500's last work for a while - and "Maintain Radio Silence", by instrumental disc, you need to do it soon so you can get a free Mariner Records frisbee!

We're not skimping on the frisbees, now...they are regulation size and weight. There aren't many of them at all so go to jbf500.com and mail me a check and order one!

Lori surprised me today with buying me Two Towers as a present for starting business school, but told me I couldn't watch it until my work was done on Thursday (end of business school week of classes) ... so I guess I better get back to work.

Talk to you soon.