Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Early in the week, my grandmother entered the hospital with pneumonia and possibly cancer. After running a test that caused a massive slowdown in heart rate, doctors had to insert a pacemaker.

She's doing better now, but I'm headed home this weekend as a result to visit and check up on the situation. I'll leave immediately after attending the Owen Finance Conference at Loews Vanderbilt Hotel on Friday, an event I'm really looking forward to.

Last time I was home - two weeks ago - I took my car for its regular maintenance, and also to get the engine looked at (the "check engine" light keeps going on and off every couple days or so) and to get my left brake light replaced. Unfortunately for me, when they fixed the brake light, they miswired a variety of things, and now my blinkers don't work and the wiring of the buttons on my steering wheel have a variety of unintended functions!

Needless to say, the car dealership will be another stop in Birmingham this weekend as well.

Fire Emblem, just released for Game Boy Advance, is a killer turn-based strategy/RPG hybrid that would alone almost justify buying the system. Highly recommend it if you're looking to kill off some productivity.

Also, in other news, the Titans are turning into an unstoppable force in the AFC. McNair's brilliant passing is opening up the dormant running game, and toss in a very, very solid defense that doesn't miss a tackle, and you've got a recipe for winning a bunch of games. Titans are going to win the Super Bowl this year, I just know it!