Monday, May 02, 2005

Well, I've been called out by Mike, who passed the Caesar's Bath Meme on to me in one of his recent blog entries.

The Caesar's Bath Meme requires me to list "five things that people in my circle of friends or peer group are wild about, but you can't really understand the fuss over them." And then, I pass the edict on to others, assuming they read this blog. Not a good assumption...but here goes.

Alcohol. You could probably take all the alcoholic product I've ever consumed and fit it comfortably in a gallon jug or two, with most of it coming at my recent bachelor's party down in New Orleans. I don't mind being around people while they're drinking - I usually find it hilarious - but its not for me.

Coffee. Lori loves the stuff, but I never have gotten into it. I don't like hot drinks, for starters, and though I like the smell, the taste is revolting. And whoever came up with coffee ice cream just needs to be slapped.

Law school. Wow, talk about gluttons for punishment. Lawyers are, we'll say, a "unique" breed. And if you're in law school and reading this, I suggest you get back to reading one of those 58 books you'll be tested on at the end of the semester.

Mexican food. I don't like spicy food very much, and whenever I take Lori to Don Pablo's (her favorite restaurant), I get the hamburger. Yeah, the hamburger. Stop laughing.

Not checking email. Perhaps more disturbing than the number of friends I have who are law school students is the number of friends I have who simply don't check email on a regular basis. These people are fine checking email maybe once a day, maybe twice...or maybe once every couple of days...as opposed to my habit of checking it at least once an hour. Life can turn so fast on the basis of a single email - how can you NOT check it all the time? Time to embrace the 21st century, folks.


I pass the Caesar's Bath Meme to Gaurav and Matt. I expect to see your lists sometime soon!


One final note: I have spent some time recently writing one of hopefully several short stories. I will post it here upon its completion, which ought to be sometime in the next couple of weeks.