Friday, September 30, 2005

Sometimes, I just have to stand back at accomplishments of others in admiration. When this happens in the music realm, its especially sweet, as I then have a song I can listen to for the rest of my life!

Mike Doughty's "Looking at the World from the Bottom of a Well" is just SICK. The groove is amazing. His beat-poetry lyrical style on top of it just rocks. Very catchy and melodic - accessible to the mainstream, which is important.

As a musician, you just sit back in awe at where this guy pulled the inspiration for this song from. Obviously, the entire Soul Coughing catalog is an incredibly unique contribution to recent (past decade or so) popular music, but I am really excited about hearing Doughty's upcoming full-length solo disc after hearing this single, which is also being featured this season in "Grey's Anatomy."

And, oh yeah, AHSIMC is now a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. A lot more on this to come.