Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Though my team in the fantasy baseball league that I ran this year was easily the worst team I've ever had in years of playing, largely due to my first round draft pick not playing all year (Bonds) and poor choices in other rounds in selecting players whose time hasn't quite come...

my team in Evan's league is tearing it up. The "Mariners" are up 13-0 in the championship round with 6 days left to go, all but securing a fantasy championship in his league. For posterity, the members of the team (which have pretty much been intact all year, since I haven't changed it much) are:

Mike Piazza - C, New York Mets
Mike Sweeney - 1B, Kansas City Royals
Luis Castillo - 2B, Florida Marlins
Joe Randa - 3B, San Diego Padres
Jose Reyes - SS, New York Mets
Manny Ramirez - OF, Boston Red Sox
Carl Crawford - OF, Tampa Bay Devil Rays
Lance Berkman - OF, Houston Astros
Jason Bay - OF, Pittsburgh Pirates (in my first Util slot)
Pat Burrell - OF, Philadelphia Phillies (in my second Util slot)

Jake Westbrook - SP, Cleveland Indians
Jae Seo - SP, New York Mets (neither of these guys were in my lineup til later in the year)
Kyle Farnsworth - RP, Atlanta Braves
Duaner Sanchez - RP, Los Angeles Dodgers
Derrick Turnbow - RP, Milwaukee Brewers
Yhency Brazoban - RP, Los Angeles Dodgers
Felix Hernandez - SP, Seattle Mariners